Monday, June 21, 2010

Showering Baby Jackson with Love and Gifts

Kelli, Karla, Kenya and I hosted a shower for Kristin at her mom's house this past Saturday. Kristin has got to be one of the cutest pregnant women I have seen in a long time. She just has that pregnancy glow. Unfortunately I don't have many pictures of the event because Miss Brianna took over as photographer and needless to say was texting on the job.

I made my first ever diaper cake for her shower. I usually have no problem with coming up with creative or crafty ideas, it is the implementing part that gives me issues. I actually think it turned out pretty cute though. What do you think?


Kristin got tons of gifts and Paige, Tori and Bella enjoyed helping her open them all. Look at these adorable letters I ordered from our friend Stephanie. She did such a great job on them and I am sure baby Jackson and his sports loving daddy will think they are just as neat as all the ladies did.


Everything turned out great and it was really nice to see everyone we have not seen in quite some time. The food was especially delicious. Kristin did most of it because she is by far the chef in the group and didn't trust the rest of our culinary skills. j/kAfter the shower, Tori, Paige, Jessica and McKenzie entertained us with their fabulous singing and acting skills. I captured this adorable belly shot of Paige and her mommy and couldn't resist sharing it.

After, after the shower we had some vino with Kelli and they girls which led to an impromptu trip to Coaches sports bar to properly celebrate Kelli's last night in Texas before she moves back to Hawaii. OK , I know exactly what you are thinking....Coaches is by no means "proper" but it was definitely lots of fun and lets just say I think we are all glad the camera did not accompany us on that one.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great pics!!
It was so good to see all of you!
Thanks for the "shout out" ;)
Love the pic of Paige and the belly!!

Caitlin said...

so lovely :) good job on the diaper cake jo! Wish I could have been there <3