Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Home renovations

As if showers, parties, school, practices, work, games, traveling and Miss Bella Rose don't keep me busy enough I decided to take on some home renovations this month as well. Ok well maybe I outsourced them, but the job got done thanks to my beautiful daughters, hard working husband and wonderful father-in-law:) I have come to the conclusion that I really enjoy the demolition part of renovations and absolutely LOVE the design and decorating aspect of it, but when it comes to the actual labor part I am pretty much over it by then. My husband just loves that about me;)


And for the big kicker.......We finally did away with the god awful Pink & Gold Victorian Powder Room. Since moving in 6 years ago we have redesigned every other room in the house except the one that almost every single person that comes over visits at some point. Makes sense right? I guess it was because WE rarely go in there ourselves so didn't really notice how bad it was. Anyway, I sincerely apologize to all my friends and family that had to endure that hideous wallpaper for all these years.



This is the only picture I have to post that shows the wallpaper because I usually don't think before I decide to do take on a new project...... actually NEVER do! I just start ripping down the wallpaper or taking something apart. So of course I was not thinking thus far ahead as to blogging about it. Luckily, Brianna loves taking self portraits of herself and just happened to post one on facebook. This is actually 1 of 20. Same pose. Same outfit. Same day.



I am so in love with this sink!

handmade by http://www.tworiversstudio.com/index2.html

1 comment:

Kirsten: said...

the bathroom looks AWESOME!!! i love it and can't wait to see it in person!!! good job!!!