Wednesday, April 29, 2009

America's Next Top Model???


As you all know, Brianna and I are obsessed with Top Model. We never miss a season and Brianna has been practicing her "model walk" since she has was 5! Monday night Bri had her first modeling gig. Here's how it all went down.....


I received an email last week from a casting director scouting for a Walmart ad targeted to the Hispanic market. I told Bri about it and she wanted to pursue it. We sent a picture in and received a call for an audition the following day. Out of 248 girls (most with agents and professional head shots I might add), Brianna was one of two that got the job.


The shoot was from 8pm-5am and Brianna's call time was 10pm (on a school night). We arrived a little early to check things out and watch another shoot before Bri was up. Her and Luis were indulging in the catering and playing a game on the iPhone when she started complaining she was feeling nauseous. I just thought it was her nerves getting to her because this was the first time she had ever done anything like this and there were lights, people and cameras everywhere. I gave her a little ginger ale and went into the bathroom with her to change into wardrobe. She got completely pale and I could tell she was going to be sick. She was determined to go through with the shoot (I doubt the $650 paycheck had anything to do with it). Luckily we were at a Walmart so I got some kids Pepto thinking that would calm her stomach(NOT!). I also got a thermometer to check for fever even though she didn't feel hot. I think that was just to reassure myself It couldn't be the swine virus. She vomited again while in hair and makeup and twice more while shooting. We had a trashcan at the end of the aisle She was shooting. She would just take a walk outside to get some fresh air, rinse out her mouth and say she was ready to go back in. She was such a trooper and I don't know how she did it. Tyra would have been proud!!!


The ad is supposed to come out in June. I will definitely get a copy and post it for everyone to see. Needless to say with all the commotion and concern for Bri i didn't even think to get any pictures. I did get one before the shoot and had her reenact the toilette episode after all was said and done. hehe

Brianna is fine now. It was either just a 24 bug or the fresh paint fumes got to her in the new building we were shooting in. She said she loved it despite the circumstances and can't wait to do another shoot. Watch out world, we may have a new Super Model on our hands!!!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

She is so beautiful!!
Congrats on landing her first gig!!
:)
Cant wait to see it!!!

Jo-D said...

Thanks! You know I will put it up the minute I get it:)

Kirsten: said...

Work it girl! So proud of you, Brianna!

Chelsea said...

Awe, I'm so proud of Bri! Such a trooper, indeed.
:)

Chelsea said...

Also, might I add that this is the first I've seen of your blog and I am loving it! You've become quite the photographer, too!

Jo-D said...

Why thank you Chelsea! Maybe I forgot to send out the notice since I have been keeping up with it again because Cait told me the same thing.